Today is International Women’s Day!
What are you doing today to make this world a better place for all women?
I know what I’m doing. I am mentoring younger women to be all that they can be in a world dominated by men. I am mentoring a 7th grade girl who reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age – tall, loves basketball and very quiet and shy. I want to make sure that she knows that she has a lot more power than she realizes. I want to build her confidence and let her know that it is ok to dream big and go after those dreams.
So I ask you again, what are you doing to make this world a better place for all women.
Here are some inspirational quotes for women by women (#FWBW):
1. “If I stop to kick every barking dog I am not going to get where I’m going.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
2. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller
3. “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg
4. “I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” – Joan Rivers
5. “Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations can never effect a reform.” – Susan B. Anthony
6. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai
7. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
8. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
9. “Don’t listen to other people’s voices, listen to your own voice.” – Karla Lockhart
10. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter